Finished Video

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Key Elements I Must Include In My Video

After watching various music videos from the same genre as my chosen song, I have a list of key elements I will include in my video so that it conforms to its preset stereotypes:






  • Use of the colour blue, this is particularly emotive.
  • Use of the colour red, this is also very emotive. 
  • Filtered colour in edit
  • Lip sync, this forms a connection between the video narrative and the audio narrative provided by the song
  • Strong narrative throughout video
  • The name of the artist, song & director at the beginning of the video, giving it more a feel of a short film as opposed to an ephemeral chart topper.
  • Sound bridges are also common within this genre as it makes the video appear within a specific context, whilst this is common I do not intend on including this in my video
  • In music videos of this genre, the visuals tend to reflect the lyrics, I intend on achieving this through the narrative story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment