Finished Video

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Creating a Marketing Look For My Artist / How Relevant Musicians Promote Themselves

In looking at marketing my artist, I have learned it is important to have a unique selling point, and for your artist and album to have a specific look. As adverts and promotions are often the first things the audience will see of the artist, their look is the first thing people will judge them by so I need to consider what my target audience will find attractive. Especially with social media marketing these days, the audience is likely to see the advert before hearing the song. The main things I will need to consider within the advertising of my artist are; font, text size, and colour, what text I will be including, the placement of the text, images that will be behind the text & where I chose to make the artist available (gigs, music playing platforms etc.).

Below are a few album covers & posters from the real band Cage The Elephant, I will take inspiration from certain elements within their marketing as a guide to my own digipak and poster.


As you can see from the above images, Cage The Elephant have a somewhat consistent style of an almost hand-written style of font, paired with art images with bright colours with the band's name being often more prominent than the title of their single or album. I intend to take inspiration from, but not entirely imitate the bands pre-existing style. I will do this by taking key points from their marketing (for example, the style and placement of the band's name).

No comments:

Post a Comment