Finished Video

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Experimenting With Fonts

Below are examples of some fonts I feel match Cage The Elephant's pre-existing branding. I wanted to explore the range of fonts that seemed handwritten as I believe this adds a sense of authenticity to the band's image. I found these fonts on www.fontspace.com and have contacted the creators and asked for permission to use them.
These first two fonts I feel are not appropriate for the album cover, as I feel the chaotic style of them is too aggressive in its entirety, the strong lines and hard uppercase lettering are too dominant for the look I want to achieve.

Below are the two fonts I have decided to go with initially, I feel they work well hand in hand and are a strong visual link to the overall look of the artist that I want to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment